“The single most important thing the brewing industry can do is stand up and claim its rightful place”
The Key is in understanding the true power of BEER. There is no other beverage, in fact any other food in the world that is as versatile as beer and has played such an important role in history.
- Beer can be enjoyed by itself, with food or as an integral ingredient in a recipe
- Beer is the most refreshing beverage in the world
- Beer has been present on the earth longer than civilization and is one of the most natural foods in existence
- Beer pairs better with more different foods than any other beverage
- There is a beer for almost every occasion (quenching a thirst, a taste of adventure, an perfect accompaniment to a meal, a warming beverage on a cold day,…)
- Beer has played an important and sometimes critical role in many world events (celebration, exploration, wars, religion, transportation,..)
- Beer has made significant contributions to developing science and technology (medicine, refrigeration, steam power, …)
- Beer has contributed to the arts (painters, writers, movies, museums, ….)
- Beer is healthy
It is our experience that the public and in fact much of the beer industry itself is not aware of this information. When they hear it they are amazed. And, when they learn about it they are converts. This is a message others would die for. It is true, verifiable and historic. Gaining this knowledge will make your life more enjoyable.
This has to be a marketers dream!
The basic proposition is a multi-year, industry funded marketing campaign aimed at generating a measurable and profitable increase in the domestic beer market by building beer’s share of alcohol consumption outside beer’s traditional core user base.
A concerted effort using newer approaches, at the category level, will be required to bring additional volume and margins to the brewing industry. There are approaches available, using consumer communications, that can contribute to category expansion. Some examples are:
- An attitude shift built on the positive qualities of beer, such as the nutritional benefits and the natural ingredients.
- An attitude shift around all beverage consumption events, not just beer, that can bring a new and beneficial perspective to the use of beer.
- An attitude shift on the benefits of lower alcohol beers that are still full-flavored.
First Key has a developed step-by-step program to increasing the share of beer in your country / market. Let us work with you to grow the beer category in your market.